Monday 26 July 2010

The End.....?

What's this? The end? Tonight marks my last night of over 16 months of travelling. It has been a hell of a journey and I have seen and done some pretty incredible things. I'm really looking forward to going home now and seeing everybody.

The last 2 days I have been in Bangkok, back on Khao San road. I noticed that all the clothes I've been wearing for the last year and a half are pretty grubby and splashed out on all sorts of cheap stuff for myself. I spent 4 hours yesterday wandering around Bangkok's weekend market, one of the largest in the world. It feels very odd to know that this is my last night in Asia so I've been eating curries and buying crap I don't need all day.

To all that have been reading this blog, thank-you so much and I hope that in the future I get to go to some more exciting places. As a matter of fact, when I come home I will shortly be visiting people in Wales and Scotland. And since I have never been to either, that's kind of the same as travelling... sort of.

Keep an eye on my blog as I will be updating my 'Top 5's' (I never really had any time to sit and write those down) and adding some lovely pictures for all of you to admire.

Good-bye for now! x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ian
We hope to see you when you get back to blighty, hope you can acclimatise yourself to our civilisation and food.
We have enjoyed reading your 46,187 word journal of your experiances.
Love nan, Uncles Alf & Dave